Borrowing & Fines
- DVDs: 1 week
- Books: 3 weeks
- TV Shows: 3 weeks
You can renew an item 2 times if no one else is waiting for it.
You can request an item from any public library in Allegheny County.
There is a LIMIT of 5 items per card on the following items:
- Audio Books on Cassette or CD
- Music CDs
- Children’s computer software
- Adult computer software
- Non-Fiction books per subject
- You can renew your items 2 times.
- If an item is checked out or located at another branch, you can place a hold and have it sent to the location of your choice.
- Place holds in the Library catalog, in person or on the phone by calling 412-882-6622.
- We will notify you when the item is available for pickup and place it on our hold shelf for seven days.
- You may have up to 30 active holds on your library account at any given time.
- If you would like to request materials outside of our system, you can request an Interlibrary Loan.
Renew materials one of these ways:
- Login online to your list of checked out items
- Visit at any location in person
- Call us at 412-882-6622 during library open hours.
- 50¢ per day – For Whitehall Public Library Videos, DVD’s and CD ROM’s
- 25¢ per day – Whitehall Public Library adult material
- 10¢ per day – Whitehall Public Library children’s material
Please note: fines over $2.00 can be paid online with a credit card by going into an individual library card account online through the library’s web site. A PIN number must be created to access a library card account online. Follow the instructions given on the screen. Library staff members have no access to PIN numbers, but can help if you need to reset an existing PIN.