Tax Tips 2021
Did you receive a letter or notice from the IRS? Check out the “Tax Tips Do’s and don’ts” document to learn what to do.
Economic Impact Payments Help
EIP Payments Eligibility – The IRS is launching an initiative to reach people who have not received the Economic Impact Payments (EIPs) for which they are eligible. Visit the IRS website or click here to learn more.
- State Representative Nick Pisciottano – call 412-466-1940 and leave a message with your name and number. Staff will contact you to set up an appointment for help with a simple tax return at his Dravosburg office
- Tax Counseling for the Elderly – offers free tax help to individuals age 60 or older
- IRS Free File – prepare and file your federal individual income tax return for free, using tax-preparation-and-filing software
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program – No services due to COVID
- Just Harvest Tax Prep – this United Way partner offers free virtual or hybrid tax help from an IRS-certified tax preparer if you qualify. There are offices at Terminal Way in the South Side and Macek Drive in Baldwin. By appointment only, no walk-ins.
To schedule an appointment:
- Go online at bit.ly/PA211TAXES
- Text your zip code to 898-211
- Call United Way Resource Navigators by dialing 2-1-1 or 888-856-2773
Federal Tax Forms & Publications
IRS.gov – download all forms and instructions here. Call 1-800-929-3673 for federal tax forms to be delivered by mail.