Fast & Easy: 2 Quick, All-Natural Recipes
Do you have certain spices and spice blends collecting dust in your kitchen? I certainly do! I’ll use them occasionally, then forget about them. One of those blends is the trendy “everything bagel” seasoning. Sprinkling it on my eggs in the morning started to get old — but luckily, I found a new way to use it — in Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien’s “Everything Bagel Chicken” sheet pan dish. It’s from Lillien’s newest cookbook, Fast & Easy: All-Natural Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less.
Her cookbook offers up so many tasty, quick and healthier options that I probably will turn to it for more than just one meal! In fact, I’ve already sampled a dessert recipe from her book, too — the super simple, microwavable “Yum Yum Chocolate Cake Mug.”
Everything Bagel Chicken calls for just five ingredients, including olive oil and the everything bagel seasoning, plus a sheet pan. The cake mug requires even less — boxed cake mix, canned pumpkin and water — plus a mug!
Everything Bagel Chicken Ingredients:
- 8 ounces raw boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place chicken and onions on the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with seasoning, and lightly mix. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken and veggies, then add tomatoes to the baking sheet. Bake until chicken is fully cooked and veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
Makes 2 Servings
Yum Yum Chocolate Cake Mug Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup devil’s food or chocolate cake mix
- 2 tablespoons canned pure pumpkin
- Spray a microwave safe mug with nonstick spray.
- Add ingredients and 1 tablespoon water.
- Thoroughly mix. (Batter will be thick.)
- Microwave for 1 minute, or until set. (I sprinkled chocolate chips over my cake mug.)
Makes 1 Serving
Fast & Easy offers recipes for salads and slaws (including balsamic chicken & fig salad, steakhouse spinach salad, and smoked salmon citrus salad), stir-frys & skillet meals (such as chicken sausage primavera and garlic-butter shrimp with squash noodles), sheet-pan meals (including sheet-pan tacos and Caribbean salmon), one-pot recipes (like turkey burger chili, Hawaiian BBQ pork and spicy chickpea chili), 10-minute power bowls (including kale, turkey & apple power bowl), and 5-minute salad dressings (avocado lime dressing and carrot ginger dressing), just to name a few.
Fast & Easy: All-Natural Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less is available upon request from Whitehall Public Library by calling 412-882-6622 or through our online catalog, here.