Get a Free Library Card
- Photo I.D. and/or proof of residency required
- Use in any Allegheny county library
- Adults and children, no age limit
- Children under 16 need a parent or guardian
You may only have one Library card at a time. Cards may not be issued to third parties. You must be present to sign your Library card. Applicants must have proof of identity and proof of residency. Current driver’s license is preferred, but the Library will accept a utility bill, lease, etc. accompanied by photo identification.
Renewals & Holds
- To renew or place a hold, go to the My Account page
- You can renew your items 2 times
- If an item is checked out or located at another branch, you can place a hold and have it sent to the location of your choice
- Place holds in the Library catalog, in person or on the phone by calling us at 412-882-6622
- We will notify you when the item is available for pickup and place it on our hold shelf for seven days
- You may have up to 30 active holds on your library account at any given time
How Do I Renew?
- Login to your list of checked out items on the My Account page
- Visit at any location in person
- Call us at 412-882-6622 during library open hours
- Call the automated renewal line at 412-622-1895
- 25¢ per day – Whitehall Library Blu-rays, DVD’s and Video Games
- 25¢ per day – Whitehall Library adult material
- 10¢ per day – Whitehall Library children’s material
Please note: fines over $2.00 can be paid online with a credit card by going to the My Account page. A PIN number must be created to access an account online. Follow the instructions given on the screen or stop by our front desk for help.