We get by with a little help from our Friends!
Dear Whitehall Library Lovers,
Although we’ve been closed to the public since mid-March, we’ve never stopped serving the community! Our virtual library doors remain wide open and welcoming. We quickly transitioned to offer a wide slate of virtual programs and services, and most recently, we have begun to offer curbside pick-up service, safely delivering library materials to you and your family.
Our annul Friends of the Library mailing was delayed by months due to COVID-19 but it has finally been mailed! And your support has never been more meaningful, as library revenues have been significantly impacted by the pandemic.
Thinking about a unique way to honor that special teacher, coach or family member? For a gift of $50 or more we’d be happy to put a bookplate in a specially chosen book!
So please become a Library Friend by making a donation that supports the whole community!
Did you know that the library’s value per resident is an estimated $400?
- Books (print and electronic) and AudioVisuals Borrowed (estimated book/DVD price $30): $4,627,050
- Circulating eReaders and Tablets: $3,000
- 130 Magazines and newspapers (print and electronic): $6000
- Internet Access: $9,000
- This year 13,902 patrons attended programs
- In addition, the library offers many other FREE services: answering reference questions, access to on-line subscription databases, e-content, and other digital resources.
The Friends of the Whitehall Public Library is a 501(c)(3) organization. All gifts are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. For more information, please consult your tax advisor.